SAN DIEGO PUPPY TRAINING, DAYCARE, GROOMING, AND BOARDING
K9 Dog Park Is San Diego's Full-Service Facility for Puppy Care.
What does dog training mean to the dog? It means he has an enjoyable, interesting life in a home where he understands his role and what he needs to do to keep the good things in life coming!
S.T.A.R. Puppy Dog Training
This training program is for "puppies" that are less than one-year old. The AKC Socialization Training Activity Responsibility (S.T.A.R.) Puppy Program is designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC STAR Puppy Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class.
Click Here for more information on S.T.A.R. Puppy at K9 Dog Park
The AKC Socialization Training Activity Responsibility (S.T.A.R.) puppy training program (for dogs less than one-year old) is designed to get dog owners and their puppies off to a good start. The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is an incentive program for loving dog owners who have taken the time to take their puppies through a basic training class.
The Benefits of training classes teach you how to best communicate with your puppy. Organized training classes also provide an opportunity for your dog to socialize with other dogs. In classes aimed at earning the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy distinction, you’ll be able to get information on all of your puppy-raising questions including house training, chewing, and the most effective way to teach practical skills such as coming when called. AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy training is a natural lead in to the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program.
I like to think of this class as elementary school for puppies and that they will learn how to read, write, and get along with the other kids.
THE COST FOR THE SIX-WEEK S.T.A.R. PUPPY TRAINING WHICH INCLUDES TESTING IS $180.00
If you are ready to embark on this journey with your puppy then please enroll today in our next S.T.A.R. Puppy Class.
20 STEPS To Success: The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Test
1. Maintains puppy’s health (vaccines, exams, appears healthy)
2. Owner receives Responsible Dog Owner’s Pledge
3. Owner describes adequate daily play and exercise plan
4. Owner and puppy attend at least 6 classes by an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator
5. Owner brings bags to classes for cleaning up after puppy
6. Owner has obtained some form of ID for puppy-collar tag, etc.
7. Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
8. Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
9. Tolerates collar or body harness of owner’s choice
10. Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size)
11. Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN® TEST BEHAVIORS:
12. Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
13. Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
14. Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
15. Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
16. Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
17. Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
18. Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
19. Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
20. Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)